Pioneer Engineering & Environmental Services, LLC is currently seeking experienced mid to senior level Geotechnical Engineers to join our team in Chicago, IL. This individual will participate in a wide variety of geotechnical and materials testing projects in residential, commercial and industrial real estate construction and development, solar farms and transportation markets. This position will support our Geotechnical Engineering and Materials Testing Groups and will work closely with other technical personnel. This position offers tremendous opportunities for technical and professional growth. Job responsibilities and qualifications include the following:
- Conduct geotechnical site investigations, soil analysis testing and evaluations
- Develop written work plans, cost estimates and proposals
- Conduct engineering and scientific calculations to support project designs for shallow and deep foundation systems, slope stability, pavement and site improvements
- Data analysis, project reporting and technical consulting services
- Client management and day-to-day correspondence from initial proposal through reporting and follow up
- Perform materials testing as required using equipment and instrumentation
- Perform field testing and inspection services for a variety of field construction services including inspection of drilled shafts, driven piles and other shallow and deep foundation systems
- Complete geotechnical lab testing including grain size analysis, Atterberg limits, moisture content and maximum dry density
- Project invoicing and budget tracking
- With experience, mentoring and supervision of other technical and field staff
- Minimum B.S. in Civil / Geotechnical Engineering
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant geotechnical investigation/engineering experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact on a high-level professional basis
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with desire to provide excellent service and attention to clients
- Valid Driver’s License
- Professional Engineering (PE) Licensure required.
Since 1989, Pioneer has provided high-quality, timely, cost-effective and business-oriented consulting services to the financial, legal, construction and real estate communities throughout the United States. At Pioneer, we recognize that our employees are our greatest asset and crucial in maintaining our reputation as a leader in the industry.
Our continued growth and expansion efforts provide the opportunity for individuals wishing to develop their technical and professional expertise and build strong client relationships. We are always interested in meeting dynamic, motivated and dedicated candidates looking to work within a results-driven and rewarding environment.
Pioneer offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, optional disability and participation in a 401(k) plan with employer matching. Pioneer maintains a full fleet of company vehicles and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.