Pioneer Engineering & Environmental Services, LLC is a fully integrated environmental consulting and geotechnical engineering firm located in Chicago, Illinois. Pioneer is currently seeking an experienced person to complete Property Condition Assessments (PCAs) either on a full-time or contract basis. Primary job functions are to include preparing PCA reports of residential and office, retail, hospitality, and industrial buildings for investors and lenders. This position consists of performing site inspections to assess a buildings physical condition, interviews with site operations personnel and preparing a report complete with a reserve analysis to remedy any physical deficiencies.
· Complete all aspects of the PCA, including field inspection, research, capital reserve analysis, data compilation and report preparation;
· Conduct site inspection surveys to evaluate exterior site conditions/improvements; structural frame and building envelope issues; roofing systems; mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems; life safety/fire protection systems; vertical transportation; and ADA considerations;
· Interview property owners, managers, key on-site personnel and local officials to obtain relevant property information;
· Document and photograph building systems, conditions and deficiencies;
· Review maintenance reports, local building/government agencies for building notices/violations, and repair/improvement cost information;
· Prepare PCA report in accordance with ASTM guidelines.
· Minimum B.S. in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Services.
· Minimum two (2) years experience in performing PCAs or architectural design and/or construction management.
· Understanding and knowledge of building systems, MEP, envelop, roofing, etc.
· Experience with HUD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Physical Needs Assessments (PNAs) a plus.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact on a high-level professional basis.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal oversight.
· Valid Drivers License.
· Ability and willingness to travel.
· Ability to fully inspect properties/buildings in various weather conditions and access roofs using a ladder.
Qualified candidates can apply online or send a PDF resume to HR2@pioneerEES.com.